Thursday 11 January 2018

Bird Migrations over Dalton Crags and Hutton Roof - PRESENTATION AT BURTON MEMORIAL HALL




________________________________________________________________



I have been invited to do a presentation at the local village hall on Thursday 25th January which I am looking forward to, and hope to include photos of the majority of birds that frequent or migrate over Hutton Roof.  I will do special notes for the rare GREAT GREY SHRIKE and its prey, together with other birds like our GREEN WOODPECKERS, MARSH TITS, YELLOWHAMMERS and occasional sightings of CROSSBILLS AND HAWFINCHES.  I will also include several of my funny sketches together with local maps that I have produced showing the directions of migration.  We will I hope also do bird calls with some pre- recorded and some "by natural means" (manually !!) on the night - that of course depends on if the voice holds out and there is a "jug of water" on the table for lubrication.... If you do decide to come along I am sure you will enjoy it, also you would be supporting funds for the Village Hall.

The Burton Memorial Hall Committee hope to be running "Nature Talks at the Hall" on a regular basis and they also have another interesting talk booked in their diary for Thursday 22nd February when Swift experts Tanya and Edmund Hoare from Sedbergh will be presenting "CELEBRATING OUR LOCAL SWIFTS", and this I can assure you will be a superb presentation - so please make a note in your diary.

I have also been asked if I will do my "Orchids of Hutton Roof" presentation which we are hoping to do sometime around the Spring to Early Summer period.

____________________________________________________________________